The Columbia Public Library offers 9 public access computers for our community to use.
In order to use the computers:
- You must have a library card in good standing (meaning no charges over $5.99) to use the computers.
- If you are visiting the area, simply show us your photo ID and we’ll provide a guest pass for you.
- Computers will begin shutdown procedures at 7:30 pm M-Th, 4:30 pm Friday and 1:30 pm on Saturdays. (11:30am during our Summer Saturday Hours.)
- Computer use is limited to 1 hour per patron, per day.
- You must provide your own headphones.
- You may NOT use someone else’s card to log onto a computer.
- Children ages 8 through 12 may use a computer if they are supervised by a responsible adult. You MUST stay with your child while they are using the computer!
- All computer users must agree to abide by the attached policy, which shows up at the beginning of each session. Violations of this policy may result in loss of computer privileges and if illegal activity is being accessed criminal prosecution.
- Kindly remember this is a PUBLIC library for all ages. Please keep your screen viewing appropriate for both children and adults.
- Print-outs are available from the computers at a cost of $.25 per page in black and white and $.50 per page in color.
- If you would like to listen to music or media broadcasts, please bring your own headphones so as not to disturb other patrons.
- Food and drinks are NOT permitted at computer workstations.
If you need help with the computers, see a staff member.
If a computer does not seem to be working properly, please let us know so that we can contact our IT staff.