– Books and magazines may be checked out for TWO weeks and are limited to TWO renewals. If you have not finished the book within this period AND it belongs to COL, you will need to come into the library, check the book in and check it out again.
– If the book does NOT belong to COL, you are limited to TWO renewals. If you wish to keep the book longer, you MUST contact the owning library to see about renewing the item.
– DVD’s may be checked out for ONE week. Limit of five (5) Columbia DVD’s may be checked out at one time. DVD’s have a maximum one renewal. If you have not finished watching the movie within this period AND it belongs to COL, you will need to come into the library, check the movie in and check it out again.
– If the DVD does NOT belong to COL, you are limited to ONE renewal, unless it is a new movie, and the owning library charges a rental fee for the movie. In this case, the movie is non-renewable and must be sent back to the owning library.
– COL Policy: Children must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver to check out movies.
(Any library materials with outstanding holds or holds placed while the item is checked out are not eligible for renewal.)
Late fees for materials & DVD’s:
$.30 per day for adult books, maximum of $5.10 per item.
$.20 per day for children’s and young adult books, maximum of $3.00 per item.
$1.00 per day per movie, maximum of $5.00 per movie.
*If you have large fees on your card, you are not permitted to use another family members card to check out materials. We are happy to work with you to pay your fines.*
Playaway LaunchPad’s may be checked out for two weeks. LaunchPad’s may ONLY be checked out by an adult who is 18 years of age or older. Limit of two (2) launchpad’s may be out at a time – NO EXCEPTIONS. LaunchPad’s are NOT eligible to be renewed.
Late fees for LaunchPad’s:
$1.00 per day, maximum of $5.00.
Damage or Missing Parts Cost for LaunchPad’s:
$85.00 minimum if the device is returned damaged. FULL COST will be charged if the LaunchPad is NOT returned at all.
$15.00 for missing Circulation Case
$10.00 for missing Bumper Case
$1.00 for missing USB Charging Cord
$2.00 for missing Charger/AC Adapter
$15.00 processing fee – this will be applied for device replacement shipping costs and processing.
$3.00 for missing Case Cover Art
LaunchPad’s MUST be returned to the circulation desk. Patron’s who return LaunchPad’s in the the book drop are subject to losing their LaunchPad borrowing privileges.
STEM Kits and Puzzle Kits:
Families are limited to ONE (1) STEM kit OR TWO (2) Puzzle Kits at a time. Kits may be checked out for TWO (2) weeks. They MUST be checked out by an adult, age 18 year of age or older. STEM and Puzzle Kits are NOT eligible for renewal – NO EXCEPTIONS.
STEM and Puzzle Kits MUST BE returned to the circulation desk. If batteries are needed for the kits, the circulation desk will provide them at time of check out.
Late Fees for STEM & Puzzle Kits:
$1.00 a day per kit, maximum of $5.00.
Batteries – a replacement fee for batteries will be charged if they are NOT returned with the kit. Charges will be $1.00 – $2.00, depending on the kit.
Full cost will be charged if kits are NOT returned. Full cost may also apply if kits are returned with missing pieces.
If no library in Lancaster County has an item you would like, please see the circulation desk staff – it may be able to be ordered elsewhere in the state of PA. There is no charge for this type of inter-library loan, provided the item is returned on time.
Many people who lose a book ask if they may purchase a replacement copy for us. Please see our staff for more information regarding this policy.
If you do not come to see us regarding your billed items and make no effort to pay for them, your account will be turned over to the Collection Agency.